North East Victoria has so many attractions to suit any age group or lifestyle. Here are some useful links where you may find additional information on your favourite activities.
There is plenty to do in & around Mt Beauty, whether you want to be adventurous and try new experiences, or whether you just want to walk around and explore the local sights.
- Sweetwater Brewery – Our local microbrewery now open Fri – Sun
- Stockpot restaurant – Fusion cuisine open Wed – Sun (Bookings Essential)
- Settlers Tavern – Great family friendly Bistro (Monday – Saturday)
- Tawonga South Butcher – Grab some meat for the BBQ, best in the country
- Cloud 9 Cinema – Visit the cinema at Bright to catch a latest release movie.
- Flour + Water – Loca Pizza restaurant
- Mount Beauty Golf Club – A challenging 18 hole course open all year, $15 for nine holes $20 for 18 holes. Comp days Wednesday 12pm, Saturday 12pm and Sunday 12pm – Handicap players welcome
- Bogong Horseback Adventures feature horse riding holidays in the spectacular Australian High Country. Combining great horses with the natural splendour of the High Country, an area rich in cultural history, these rides are truly the experience of a lifetime.
- Big Hill Mountain Bike Park – X-Country and downhill tracks.
- Road cycling – The Kiewa Valley is home so some of Australia’s most spectacular and challenging rides. Including the Audax Alpine Challenge and the 3 Peaks ride.
- Mt Beauty has an 18 hole golf course with views you don’t come across very often.
- Tennis courts located close by available for public hire.
- Ski or Snowboard at Falls Creek from June long weekend until Sept.
- Swim in the Kiewa river, during summer this is a great way to cool off, there are many swimming holes and picnic spots easily accessed.
- Fish for trout, the area has it all from lakes to crystal clear alpine rivers. Hire a guide or just explore yourself.
- Harrietville is nearby and has a trout farm which is open to the public.
- Kiewa Valley Modellers – Watch radio control aircraft flying at the local airfield.